Spicy Green Mango

--Living and eating with a dash of whimsy and a sprinkling of spice--

  • I'm a budding food-tographer turned blogger who's insanely passionate about food..real food...the kind that sprouts from the earth and you have to wash it to eat it. Yes, hearty real food. I live to eat and I eat to live and am loving every bit of it! If you're here, then I suppose we share the same passion! Enjoy!


Posted by Spicy Green Mango 0 comments

My very first of many blog entries. Today marks the official launch of my long-awaited food & life blog.  Originally, after much thought and constant urging from my friends and family, I wanted to dedicate this site entirely to my culinary creations, but then I realized that my whimsical curiousity lends itself beyond the kitchen.  As such, this blog will be an exploration of all things that make me smile (and hopefully, you as well).  Enjoy!


*************************
This morning, when the sun the sun tickled me with its golden rays, I just had to roll out of bed and head to none other than my local farmer's market.  This place is nostalgic for me.  It brings back childhood memories of when my late grandmother would wake me up at the butt-crack of dawn so that my sister and I would accompany her to the what she so rightly termed as the "market under the bridge," because that's literally where it's located.  Go figure, g-ma.  So, when I first learned of the phrase 'farmer's market,' you can imagine my own internal confusion.  Anywho..I digress. 

Today was beautiful and it was definitely a welcome change after the incessant rain and gloomy weather I'd been experiencing this previous week (but don't get me wrong, I still find the simplest pleasure in listening to the pitter patter of raindrops on occassion).  Although I initially set out to hunt for some nice, plump olives and possibly some good artisan bread, is it any wonder that I did not get anything on my list, but instead came back toting a tub of creamy lemon Quark cheese and a fistful of locally-grown daffodils and mokara orchids?  This is precisely the reason why I never create a shopping list when I'm out and about. 

Below, pretty potted violets, tulips and daffodils usher in the sweet scents and blossoms of springtime.  I would have bought them, but unfortunately, my thumb is so not green (sad, but true).
So, I opted for these little beauties that I can keep alive with just a wee bit of care and h2o.


Categories:

0 Responses

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Subscribe to My Blog

Subscribe Here