Spicy Green Mango

--Living and eating with a dash of whimsy and a sprinkling of spice--

  • I'm a budding food-tographer turned blogger who's insanely passionate about food..real food...the kind that sprouts from the earth and you have to wash it to eat it. Yes, hearty real food. I live to eat and I eat to live and am loving every bit of it! If you're here, then I suppose we share the same passion! Enjoy!


Posted by Spicy Green Mango 7 comments

I think the title of this post provides a pretty accurate formula for my happiness today.  My good friend (who is one fabulous photographer and to whom I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude for being the catalyst to launching my food-tography adventures) returned from a recent business trip to Turkey and what better way to welcome her back to the States than over great food and picture snapping.

I love it when the two of us hang out and we whip out our DSLRs and go trigger crazy. The waiters and busboys were so kind to wait until we finished snapping and eating before bringing us our next dish.  We met at Zocalo--a contemporary Mexican-style restaurant whose decor is definitely worth writing home about--and enjoyed a wonderful 3-course steal of a meal for $20.  Yes, you read right.  Twenty smackers for beef flautas, pork chops, chicken tostadas and churros con vanilla helado (ice cream!).  Warm and crunchy on the outside with just the perfect amount of cinnamon sugar and a gooey layer of decadence inside, the churros were devoured with our plate of vanilla ice cream.  It's hard to imagine that we actually took time out to snap the pictures you see, but so's the life of foodie photographers--how could I possibly not share it with you, right?

P.S. And their service is exceptional--not to mention their blackberry margarita made with 100% blue agave nectar so you can definitely taste the difference.  Okay, I'm drooling again. Must stop writing!

Oh, and just in case the collage image is too miniscule for you see, here's my shot of dessert.

Categories:

7 Responses

  1. Liren says:

    It's 8 in the morning (AM!!!) and now I want a blackberry margarita!

    Your photos get better and better, sigh! Beautiful!

  2. I absolutely love how you are always one of the first (if not the very 1st) commentator on my posts...thank you and I do get a kick out of hearing feedback (yours especially). We will have to do a photowalk and food date one of these days so our baby Nikons can play together:)

  3. Liren says:

    Aw, well I've got you in my Google reader so when I see you've got a new post, I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

    Love the idea of getting together - that wound be fun to do one of these days!

  4. Du says:

    Hi there Chandara. I'm Jenny's friend, Du. I'm not sure if you remember me, but Jenny mentioned your blog to me when she visited last weekend. SHe posted up the blog link today so I decided to check it out. I have to say that I am very impressed with what you are doing. The pictures are absolutely amazing and the writing is great also. I read everything you wrote on your first page and am captivated with your experiences. Keep up the great work!

  5. Hey Du! I totally remember you--how could I forget one of my girl's good friends? I'm really glad you decided to stop by--I hope it won't be the last time! Thanks for your kind words. My readers make it worthwhile to continue my passion for food :)

  6. now that's itimidating...two big dslr's!

  7. love the photos! they are screaming delicious! the combination of churros and a cocktail reminds of this restaurant in hollywood called Beso, owned by Eva Longoria. they have these famous churros there. sooo yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Subscribe to My Blog

Subscribe Here